Msc (chinese Herbal Medicine), Bsc (Acupuncture), RCM Dermatology, MBAcC, RCHM
Kate is a qualified herbalist and acupuncturist with over ten years experience. She is a member of the British Acupuncture Council and Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine.
Whilst considering herself a generalist practitioner treating a wide range of conditions, Kate has a keen interest in a number of areas:-
Fertility and IVF support.
- Kate has a masters in Oriental herbal medicine (MSc) where her research investigated 'the effects of Chinese Herbal Medicine on ovarian reserve'.
- Her post graduate training has been extensive, learning from the some of the best in this field, such as Jane Lyttleton (Australia) and Micheal Berkely (USA) and has also studied herbal medicine and acupuncture in China at the Hangzhou Hospital.
- She worked with Emma Cannon one of the leading fertility specialists, acupuncturists and author of 'The Baby Making Bible' and 'You and Your Bump' between 2007-2014.
- Kate is a select member of the register of Chinese Medicine Dermatology after completing the world renowned dermatology diploma taught by Mazin Al-Khafaji, Doctor of Chinese Medicine (Shanghai, China); FRCHM (Fellow of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine); founder of Avicenna Centre for Chinese Medicine. Mazin is recognised as one of the leading experts in TCM and Modern Chinese Medicine in the world.
- During the course Kate learned how to use herbal medicine (internal and external) to tackle the root causes of many skin conditions.
- Herbal medicine when used correctly can restore a persons skin back to health without the need for medications such as steroid and antibiotics which can cause damage when used over a long period of time.
STRESS, tiredness, insomnia and low immunity
- Thousands of people suffer from stress, tiredness and poor sleep and as no one person is the same, each individual will have a slightly different set of knock on problems that may arise from this over time. This leads to a complex and confusing spectrum of chronic and debilitating disorders including poor digestion, depression and lowered immune system to name but a few. In the West many problems are thrown under the umbrella of 'adrenal burnout', however Chinese medicine has been treating these issues for thousands of years and has a sophisticated diagnosis system in place to be able to understand and pinpoint the key underlying disharmonies of each individual and treat them specifically rather than generically.
Kates interest in this area started as a personal endeavour and she wrote her first dissertation on Chinese medicine theory and Psychoneuroimmunoogy (PNI), also referred to as psychoendoneuroimmunology (PENI), or psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology (PNEI), which is the study of the interaction between psychological processes and the nervous and immune systems of the human body.
Over the last ten years Kate has treated many patients and put in place a Chinese medicine based 8-12 week program which will help reduce a persons stress, improve sleep and boost energy and immune levels.